Vaping CBD oil is an alternative to candies, tinctures, and other types of CBD products. It works by placing the oil in an e-cigarette that vaporizes the oil, which is then inhaled. Once inhaled, the CBD goes into the bloodstream.
This method of use has a high bioavailability rate, meaning that more of the CBD gets into the body than is the case with edibles, pills, and skincare products. Plus, the most exciting thing about vaping CBD is that there are different pens available suitable for all preferences.
Table of Contents
- How to Vape CBD Oil: An Explainer
- How to Vape CBD Oil: Choosing a Vape
- How to Vape CBD Oil?
- Alternatives to Vaping CBD
- FAQ about How to Vape CBD Oil
- Final Thoughts about How to Vape CBD Oil in 2019
How to Vape CBD Oil: An Explainer
People searching for ‘how to vape CBD Oil with a pen’ believe that these products have health benefits. Scientific and medical research backs them up. Vaping CBD with a pen is beneficial for reducing anxiety, epilepsy, arthritis, cancer, and cancer prevention.
- Anxiety: A 2011 study showed that CBD reduces anxiety. Over a dozen people were selected to speak before a broad audience and given CBD or placebo at random. The scientists learned that those given it had lower levels of anxiety than those given the placebo.
- Epilepsy: Epidiolex, a drug containing CBD, has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for treating two rare forms of epilepsy: Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Arthritis: The Arthritis Foundation believes in the potential for hemp to be a pain reliever, and they have publicly urged the FDA to study the effects of CBD for arthritis pain.
- Cancer: A 2019 report stated that it had been used by cancer patients to relieve pain, reduce nausea, and stimulate the appetite. The report went on to say that CBD has anti-tumor effects in various types of cancer.
- Cancer Prevention: A 2015 study showed than men who used CBD had a 45 percent lower risk of developing bladder cancer.
How to Vape CBD Oil: Choosing a Vape
Pods, cartridges, disposable pens, and refillable pens are the most common methods of vaping CBD. These devices are not hard to use, but it is best to start with the easiest and least expensive device. New vapers should use pods, cartridges, or disposable pens. Experienced vapers can use a refillable pen if they believe they are up for it.
- Pods: These pods are compatible with Juul batteries, so it is easy to switch from nicotine e-juice pods to CBD pods. Users who vape Juuls for the nicotine will save money by not having to buy a whole new device. Pods can be refillable or non-refillable.
- Cartridges: These devices are slim and thin tanks that are pre-filled with CBD juice. They require a battery to operate, and they hold 0.5 ml to 1 ml of vape juice.
- Disposable Vape Pens: This kind of pen is the easiest to use. They are the size and shape of a cigarette, and they are puffed to activate. Once the vape juice is finished, throw away the device. The pen cannot be refilled when depleted.
- Refillable Devices: This sort of pen has a battery attached to a tank containing coil and wicking. They produce larger clouds, better flavor, and are more cost-effective than other types of CBD pens.
How to Vape CBD Oil?
The first thing to do before using a CBD vape pen products is to read the manual. The user manual tells the vaper everything he or she needs to know, like what the blinking lights mean, battery life, and how to use it safely.
Doing this decreases the likelihood of breaking the device through negligence and voiding the warranty. Companies that offer warranties will not fix the unit if they think it was misused.
If using a CBD cartridge, follow these tips:
- Fill the cartridge with the vape juice through the fill port and allow ten minutes for the coil and wicking to absorb the liquid. Disregard this step if using a pre-filled cartridge.
- Charge the battery. When it is fully charged, connect it to the pod.
- If it has a firing button, click it five times to turn it on, and click and hold once to take a drag.
- Wait at least ten minutes before taking a drag to know how the CBD effects you
- Take more puffs or discontinue
For CBD Juul pods:
- Charge the battery. Check the power level by twice tapping it.
- Fill up the pod and allow ten minutes for it to prime
- Connect the pod to the battery
- Take a draw to turn it on and wait ten minutes to see how the CBD effects you
- Inhale again or discontinue
For CBD devices with vape tanks:
- Charge the battery
- Fill the tank and allow ten minutes for the coils and wicking to prime
- Turn it on by clicking the firing button five times
- Adjust the airflow if the mod has this feature
- Press the firing button and inhale. Wait ten minutes before taking another drag.
- Continue vaping if you feel ok. If not, discontinue.
- Click the firing button five times to deactivate
If using a disposable pen, inhale to activate it. Continue using it until the contents inside are depleted and then throw it away.
Alternatives to Vaping CBD
There are other ways to enjoy CBD oil health benefits without vaping. For those looking for other methods of use besides hemp, there are tinctures, edibles, and skincare products.
- Tinctures: CBD tincture oils also have high bioavailability, making them a good alternative for those who dislike vaping. Tinctures work by placing several drops beneath the tongue that are absorbed by the mouth’s mucous membranes. Allow 30 to 90 seconds for the liquid to absorb, and then swallow it.
- Edibles: Edibles are great for people who are trying it for the first time or who do not like the taste of tinctures. There are different food items available, including brownies, gummy candies, and breakfast cereal. The disadvantage of edibles is that they are very expensive and have low-bioavailability.
- Skincare Products: These items are available as creams, lotions, and balms. They are applied to areas of the skin that are irritated or are in pain. Italian scientists learned that CBD-enriched skin ointments improved skin health without causing allergic reactions.
FAQ about How to Vape CBD Oil
How to Vape CBD Oil at the Right Dosage?
The dosage depends on factors like:
- Body Chemistry
- The concentration of the vaping liquid
The best way to determine a dosage is to start with a small amount of CBD and increase it after a week if there are no problems. As a general rule, though, the heavier the vaper, the higher the dosage he or she needs:
- 80 to 150 lbs: 12 to 18 mg
- 151 to 240 lbs: 18 to 27 mg
- 240 lbs or more: 22.5 to 45 mg
Do not worry about having an overdose. CBD is well tolerated, and people can tolerate up to 1,500 mg per day.
How to Vape CBD Oil at the Right Temperature?
Vapers should vape at whatever temperature they think brings the best health benefits. CBD users should experiment to find out what temperatures work best for them by starting at a low setting and gradually working their way up.
Vaping at high temperatures will result in thicker clouds and stronger hits. Keep in mind, though, that vaping at higher temperatures will cause the battery to drain faster than it would otherwise. Vaping at low to moderate temperatures will extend the battery life. Users who plan to vape at high temperatures should buy a portable charger to extend their vaping time.
How to Vape CBD Oil for Pain?
When vaping CBD oil for pain, the first thing one has to do is decide on a dosage.
- People in severe pain should buy a high concentration of vape oil.
- Those who are in moderate or low pain should buy a lower strength oil or try using creams, lotions, or balms.
- If the pain is temporary, consider purchasing disposable vapes containing CBD since no long-term solution is necessary.
- If the pain is chronic, buy a refillable pod or pen since these are more cost-effective than other solutions.
Before resorting to vaping, speak to a doctor to make sure CBD is the right option. Do not discontinue any prescribed medications without a doctor’s consent. Those with lung conditions or who are pregnant or nursing should not vape.
How to Vape CBD Oil Without Getting High?
Vaping CBD oil cannot get someone high because it does not have the psychoactive effects of THC. It has very low amounts of THC, but it is less than 0.3 percent, which is not enough to raise flags after a urinalysis or alter a person’s state of mind.
To be especially sure that the product has no THC, read the lab results. Reputable companies always lab test their CBD products and make them readily available to their customers. Do not buy from a firm that does not post lab results.
Final Thoughts about How to Vape CBD Oil in 2019
Vaping CBD oil is excellent for those who want to get the most CBD possible into their bodies. The high amount of hemp delivered to the system is enough to bring relief to everything from low and moderate to severe pain. The high bioavailability of CBD makes it not only good for chronic pain, but also anxiety, stress, epilepsy, and cancer patients. Plus, it has very low amounts of THC, so there it will not get users high.
Disorders like stress, anxiety, and arthritis are debilitating, as are diseases like cancer and epilepsy. Thankfully, CBD has benefits that reduce the symptoms of these illnesses.
Do you use CBD for any of the diseases or disorders we have listed? If so, we would like to hear what you have to say about its benefits. Please send us a comment telling us how CBD has helped you manage your symptoms.