CBD shatter is an isolate that contains nothing but CBD oil. The reason this product is called shatter is because of its texture. It is a hard substance that breaks apart easily.
This item is made by extracting CBD from the hemp plant, and then filtering the extract until there is nothing left but pure CBD. Once the filtration process is complete, the CBD isolate is kept in a place where it can set.
Table of Contents
- The Benefits of Using CBD Shatter Concentrates
- CBD Isolate vs. Shatter: What is the Difference?
- How to Use CBD Shatter: Terpene Infused CBD
- What Is the Difference Between CBD Shatter and CBD Wax?
- How to Use CBD Shatter?
- СBD Shatter: What to Look in the Store?
- FAQ about How to Use CBD Shatter
- Final Thoughts on Usage of CBD Shatter
The Benefits of Using CBD Shatter Concentrates
Cannabis hemp oil has a lot of benefits that can improve the health of those suffering from severe illnesses. A 2017 report showed hemp can:
- Cause a reduction in nausea and vomiting in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
- Lower levels of chronic pain
- Improve muscle spasticity in multiple sclerosis patients
Cannabis hemp oil has also been shown to reduce severe anxiety. A study conducted on people with anxiety showed that it was easier for them to speak in public after being given hemp than it was without the product.
Shatter concentrates, in particular, have benefits, too. This product is melted and then inhaled, causing it to go to the endocannabinoid system faster than is the case with other methods. One study showed that this method of hemp oil consumption results in the body receiving 56 percent of the product’s total CBD.
Another reason to buy shatter concentrates is that they have a longer shelf life than other items. It has a highly stable molecular structure, which results in a longer-lasting and more high-quality hemp oil product.
CBD Isolate vs. Shatter: What is the Difference?
CBD isolate is the purest kind of hemp oil. The process of making isolate concentrates begins by filtering out oils, plant material, and THC. After this process is complete, there is nothing left but a white powder that has 99 percent pure CBD.
The hemp powder can then be distributed in this form, and customers can vape it the way they wish. Cooking is one of the preferred uses because it is flavorless.
How CBD Shatter is Made from CBD Isolate?
The difference between shatter and other isolates is that the crystalline powder is processed and refined until it turns into a glass-like form. The glassy product is shatter.
How to Use CBD Shatter: Terpene Infused CBD
Terpenes are found in fruits, herbs, and cannabis. Cannabis contains over 100 terpenes. Terpenes are essential because they make the vape more flavorful and aromatic. They also contribute to the user’s health because of the entourage effect they create. The ‘entourage effect’ is how hemp reacts with terpenes to create a healthier impact on the body.
Terpene vs. Shatter: What is the Difference?
When the CBD goes through the extraction process, many of the terpenes are removed. Companies can add terpenes to shatter after completing the extraction process. If this is done, the CBD isolate will provide the benefits of hemp oils that contain terpenes.
What Is the Difference Between CBD Shatter and CBD Wax?
CBD wax and shatter are similar because they are both CBD isolates and dabbers like them. These similarities cause people to get confused and think they are the same product. But they are different.
- colored like amber
- not transparent
- has a dark shade of yellow
How to Use CBD Shatter?
Shatter can be dabbed, or it can be added to food or drink.
Dabbing with shatter requires a dabbing rig. Rigs for CBD wax concentrates can be expensive, but the advantage is that they deliver more hemp to the body than edibles or capsules. To dab, the user will need:
- Water Pipe: The glass bowl pieces can be taken out and replaced with dabbing attachments
- Nail: These are made of ceramic, quartz, and titanium. Titanium is more common.
- Dome: This is a glass covering placed over the nail. There are also domeless nails that do not require the covering. These are used to trap the vapor before it is inhaled.
- Torch: Users can buy propane or mini-torches. Either will do, but the propane torches are more efficient.
- Dabber: This is the tool used to apply the shatter. It can be glass, ceramic, or metal.
- Kitchen Scale: This will allow the user to break the shatter down into 10 mg dosages. This amount is a good starting point to begin dabbing with shatter, and if the user does not like the dosage, it can be increased or decreased.
- Gloves: The nails and glass domes get hot to the touch. Wear something to protect the hands when handling the equipment.
Once all of these items are together, set them up according to the device’s instructions.
To start dabbing CBD, take these steps:
- Activate the torch and direct the flame at the nail. Heat it until it becomes red hot.
- Turn off the torch when the nail is hot, and place the dome over the nail.
- If the nail is titanium, allow ten seconds for it to cool. Give quartz nails 45 seconds to cool.
- Take the dabber and apply the shatter to the nail and inhale.
When cooking with Shatter products, make sure the dish does not exceed 212⁰ F.
- If the temperature is too high, it will decrease the benefits of the terpenes.
- Buy a thermometer to make sure the dish is not overheated, and monitor the cooking the whole time to make sure the food does not get burned.
- Grease the bottom of the pan or baking dish with oil to make sure the food does not stick.
СBD Shatter: What to Look in the Store?
Shatter products are easily recognizable, so finding them will not be a problem. Look for dabs that are glassy and amber-colored in appearance.
There are different types of shatter. Darker types are made from old trim material that has more chlorophyll and other plant materials. Freshly processed Shatter is lighter in color has a stronger smell because it has more terpenes.
To find the best shatter for sale, always look for lab tests. The lab results will show what is in the CBD isolate, saying what the THC levels are and whether it has terpenes. Lab tests also ensure that it does not have anything toxic baked into the mix.
FAQ about How to Use CBD Shatter
How to Use CBD Shatter as Vape Juice?
Shatter can be turned into CBD oil vape juice. To make CBD e-juice, get the following:
- 0.5 grams of shatter
- Mixing Glass
- Metal dabbing tool or paperclip
- Blend of propylene glycol and polyethylene glycol mix
- Syringe for filling the pods or cartridges
After all of these materials are gathered, follow these steps:
- Prepare a double boiler with a pot containing water and an empty mixing glass placed in the water
- Heat the water to 175 ⁰ F
- Add the shatter to the empty glass and wait five minutes
- Add 1 ml of propylene glycol and polyethylene glycol for every gram of shatter
- Stir until they dissolve
- Extract the liquid with a syringe
How to Use CBD Shatter without Feeling Side Effects?
The human body well tolerates CBD oil products, and there are few side-effects. It also does not have any psychoactive effects. To avoid any discomfort, start with a low dosage and vape that for a week. The dosage can be increased gradually every week.
What Is the Ideal Temperature for CBD Shatter?
Any temperature from 315 to 600°F will work for dabbing CBD oil products.
- 315-450°F: This is the ideal temperature for vaping CBD oil products while getting the most flavor. The hits are smooth and easy on the lungs.
- 450-600°F: The flavor at these temperatures is more intense for CBD because there is both vaporization and combustion.
Final Thoughts on Usage of CBD Shatter
CBD shatter is an exciting way to dab or vape because of its high level of purity. With the extra-long extraction process, there is nothing but CBD in is vape product. The purity of the CBD is excellent news for people battling mental health issues, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, and more. Using this CBD product will relieve symptoms and make it easier to live a healthy life.
Do you have experience in using CBD Shatter? If you have used it, please leave a comment and tell us what you think about these CBD products. Also, mixing and dabbing tips for shatter products are always welcome!